JPTS NIGERIA –EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT JPTS
Especially in Nigeria, many traditional educational institutions are yet to incorporate dozens of high-demand industry-relevant courses into their academic programs. While this has obviously created a gap in Nigeria’s educational system, it’s unarguably one of the reasons for the deficit of industry-relevant graduates in the country.
In order to bridge this educational gap, there’s an urgent need for widespread embracement of institutions that offer industry-standard professional certifications along with academic training. Frankly, an initiative like JPTS, which offers affordable online education in industry-relevant courses, can go a long way to lessen the impact of the gap.
Substantially, industry-relevant courses may manifest as the professional certification programs with skills that prepare students for success in the 21st century workforce.
In this post, you’ll learn about JPTS andits courses (with their corresponding fees). By the time you’re done reading the post, you’ll be able to decide whether JPTS is suitable for your pursuit of online professional certification in an industry-relevant course.
An Overview of JPTS
JPTS –fully spelt as Joint Professional Training and Support International Limited –is a registered Nigerian/US institution that offers educational training in a broad range of professional courses. It offers an online education system that encourages a shift from traditional academic qualifications to the professional certifications that suit today’s rapidly changing workforce.
JPTS is a distance learning programme that seeks to equip Nigerian students as well as international students with the professional skills that would enable them to succeed in the 21st century market. With this in mind, JPTS offers professional certifications that expose students to the requisite skills, attitudes, tools, etc., which align with industry-specific standards.
The overriding philosophy behind the establishment of JPTS is that appreciation of industry-standard professional certifications is a proven way to solve the educational gap in Nigeria. In the view of JPTS’ board and management, there is the need for Nigerian government to leverage such professional certifications in bridging the gap.
Interestingly, JPTS is an ISO-certified educational institution; International Organization for Standardization (ISO) granted JPTS the ISO 9001:2008 certification, confirming that JPTS is an internationally recognized educational institution and as such, it can issue recognized certificates to its students.
Recognition by the Federal Government
JPTS has been backed by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Education to operate as a certificate-awarding institution. Therefore, it suffices to say that in addition to JPTS’ ISO certification, which confers international recognition on the institution, JPTS is a recognized Nigerian institution which can grant diplomas and professional certifications.
With that noted, it is very clear that JPTS can issue recognized certificates to students who have completed its professional courses.
About JPTS Scholarship
The JPTS scholarship is an opportunity for students within and outside Nigeria to have their school fees waivered while studying in any of select universities. The scholarship is available to individuals who have been admitted by any of the select universities, for BSc, MSc, PGD or PhD programs. Below is a list of the select universities:
- Poma Business University
- Pan American College California
- St Louis University
- South America University
- Edexcel University
If you have been admitted into any of the five universities above, you’re considered qualified for the JPTS scholarship, which covers 100% of the awardee’s school fee.
Aside from earning the International& Global Student ID Card with Financial Connections and Discount, below are the other conditions you need to meet before you can be considered eligible for admission:
- Language proficiency, which is spelt out as the ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- A prior academic degree obtained from a recognized university. The recognized university is understood as one duly accredited by a relevant body. If the degree is from a Nigerian university, that university is expected to have been accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
Once you’ve been admitted into one of the earlier-mentioned universities, you can use the form here to process your online application for the scholarship. #
JPTS Courses and Their Corresponding Fees
|Course Categories||Course Titles and Fees|
|Engineering and Technical||· Facility Management and Maintenance Certificate (#30,000)
· Maintenance & Corrosion Technology Course (#30,000)
· Pipeline & Vessel Welding (#160,000)
· Industrial Scafolding (#160,000)
· Instrumentation and Control Certification (#160,000)
· Industrial Plumbing &Pipefittings (#160,000)
· HVAC (#160,000)
· Electrical Installation and Industrial Wiring (#160,000)
· Crane Operations & Maintenance (#160,000)
· Building Technology (#60,000)
· Forklift Operations (#60,000)
· Auto Mechatronics Engineering (#160,000)
|Oil and Gas||· Drilling and Offshore Operations Certification (#55,000)
· Pipeline & Petroleum Logistics (#25,000)
· Refinery Operations and Management (#55,000)
· Oil and Gas Specialist Course (#15,000)
· Deport and Terminal Managers Course (#55,000)
· Shipping and Petroleum Management (#35,000)
· Petroleum Product Marketing (#15,000)
|Management||· Conflict Management and Peace Resolution (#25,000)
· Project Management (#15,000)
· Management Information System (#25,000)
· International Negotiation Certification (#20,000)
· Quality Assurance and Control (#25,000)
· Change Management (#20,000)
· Contract & Procurement Management (#55,000)
· Certified Public Relations Certification (#25,000)
· Customer Care Professionals Certification (#20,000)
· IFRS Certification (#180,000)
· International Negotiation Certification (#20,000)
· Certified System Auditors Certification (#50,000)
· Human Resources Managers Certification (#25,000)
· Transport and Logistics Chain Management (#25,000)
· Forensic Accounting Certification (#35,000)
|ICT and Software||· Reservoir Simulation (ECLIPSE, PETRA) #100,000
· Oil and Gas Softskills (HYSIS & PDMS) #120,000
· Information Technology Management Certification (#90,000)
· Software Development Programme (#90,000)
· Certified Information Security Professionals Certification (#90,000)
· System Analyst Certification (#90,000)
· Network Engineer Certification (#90,000)
· Cloud Technology (#90,000)
|Safety and Environment||· HSE (Level II) Supervision Certification (#21,000)
· Onshore Offshore HSE (Level II) Certification (#15,000)
· Environment Toxicology (#20,000)
· Corporate Safety Certification (#25,000)
· Emergency Management & Confined Space Entry (#10,000)
· Fire Safety Course (#10,000)
· Certified Security Officers Course (#35,000)
· First Aid & CPR Certification (#10,000)
· Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (#180,000)
· RIG Safety & RIG Pass (#30,000)
· Food Safety Course (#25,000)
· Certified Risk Assessor Certification (#20,000)
· Basic Paramedics & AED (#35,000)
· NEBOSH IGC (#260,000)
· Aviation Safety Course (#25,000)
· STWC 98 (Maritime Mandatory) #105,000
· EIA/EMS (ISO 14001) #15,000
· Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (#200,000)
· Swim Test I.D (#15,000)
· Port Facility Security Officers Course (PFSO) #45,000
· HACCP, HAZOP & Process Safety Course (#35,000)
JPTS is in partnership with recognized bodies especially in Nigeria and the United States. Below is a comprehensive list of bodies the educational institution partners with:
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA, USA)
- The Nigeria Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE)
- Nigeria Institute of Training & Development (NITAD)
- CASS Europe, South American University
- The American Welding Society (AWS, USA)
- The Oil and Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN)
- The American Association of Petroleum Explorationists
Is JPTS Accredited?
Yes, and frankly, JPTS has been accredited by a number of relevant bodies including Accreditation Service for International Colleges and University (ASIC), and the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria.
How Do I Apply for the JPTS Scholarship?
Provided you’ve been admitted into one of the earlier-mentioned select universities, you can use the form here to process your online application for the scholarship.
Is an Online Professional Certification (Course) Worth It?
This is actually relative, depending on your online professional (certification) course as well as your chosen institution. While some online certification options do not seem to have any significant impact on your employability, there are still dozens of marketable professional certification courses on the web.
While it’s important to select the right institution for your online professional certification course, it’s much more important that you select a course that will equip you with in-demand professional skills.
Is a JPTS Certificate Recognized?
JPTS is an ISO-certified educational institution. International Organization for Standardization granted JPTS the ISO 9001:2008 certification, confirming that JPTS is an internationally recognized educational institution.
Moreover, JPTS has been backed by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Education to operate as a certificate-awarding institution. Therefore, it suffices to say that in addition to JPTS’ ISO certification, which confers international recognition on the institution, JPTS is a recognized Nigerian institution which can grant diplomas and professional certifications.
Without doubt, ISO certification and recognition by the Federal Ministry of Education are enough to attest that JPTS offers recognized certificates.
Does JPTS Have Other Approvals/Accreditations?
Yes, JPTS has accreditation/approval from bodies other than ISO and the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Education. Below is a list of the other bodies that have accredited/approved the institution:
- The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR)
- The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM) U.K
- Accreditation Service for International Colleges and Universities (ASIC)
JPTS has proven itself as a distance learning programme that offers industry-standard professional certifications and top-quality education. Coupled with the fact that most of its courses are relatively affordable, JPTS could be the ideal online learning programme for the vast majority of Nigerian youths.
With the information we’ve provided about JPTS, its accreditation status and courses, you should now know if JPTS is the best online learning programme for you.